|Share the learning joy!|
German Unification Code Puzzle
|Click here to print. Click here for the answer key.|
1) Chancellor Otto von 2-9-19-13-1-18-3-11 united the German states under Prussian rule.
2) To 1-14-14-5-24 means to add land or territory to an existing geopolitical unit (such as a city, state, or country).
3) 18-5-9-3-8 is the German word for "empire."
4) The house of 11-18-21-16-16 was a powerful German business that produced weapons and steel.
5) The 26-15-12-12-22-5-18-5-9-14 was an economic union that removed tariffs among German states.
6) Bismarck was known as the 9-18-15-14 chancellor.
7) 18-5-1-12-16-15-12-9-20-9-11 means "realistic politics," or political decisions based on the needs of a state rather than on principles.
8) 11-1-9-19-5-18 is the German word for "emperor."
9) Bismarck's 11-21-12-20-21-18-11-1-13-16-6 (1871-1878), a "battle for civilization," was an attempt to replace Catholics' religious loyalties with national loyalties.
10) Germany's 10-21-14-11-5-18 class was made up of conservative nobles.
|Global Nationalism Books and Films||Global Nationalism Outlines and Powerpoints|
|Global Nationalism Maps and Pictures||Global Nationalism Online Study Games|
|Global Nationalism Miscellany||Global Nationalism Worksheets|